Thursday 27 June 2013

Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquer Review- Solstice

Hey guys,

This post is going to be a review on the new Rimmel Apocalips lip gloss in Solstice. I bought this for $15.95 when it first came out in Priceline. It was more than what I would pay for a lipgloss but I really wanted to do this review for anyone who will find it helpful because when I looked up the internet I hardly found any reviews. Anyways lets get on to the product

This lip gloss comes in 8 shades ranging from nude to red. I bought a wearable pink shade in 201 Solstice. I checked Rimmel's website but did not find this product listed on there so I am not sure what they claim but on the stands in Priceline it mentioned "the end of colour as you know it".

Anyways this is the most disgusting product I have ever tried. I am not sure if it is just my lip gloss but there is this wierd artificial chemically smell that I just can't stand and makes me sick. I did not smell the testers in store I just swatched them and picked this colour but if I had done that I wouldn't have bought it. 

It is a very pretty colour and I do like the formula too because it is not sticky like some lip glosses. The formula is very pigmented and the brush is precise in application. 

This is what the colour looks like swatched on my hand. Its a pearly mauve pink.


I do like the feel of this lipgloss but the smell I really can not tolerate. I know how hard I tried to take these pics without throwing up. I will not be purchasing anymore of these Apocalips and I do suggest you to smell them before you buy them because they are pretty expensive. But if it did not have that smell I would have definitely bought more colours.

Have you tried them yet??? If yes, what are your thoughts on them?




No comments:

Post a Comment