Monday 28 April 2014

Medusa's Makeup High Pigment Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows Review

Last year in my Halloween Swap with Tried and Tested I recieved this pack of four shimmery eyeshadows from Medusa's Makeup. I had never heard of this brand before so google came to the rescue.
Medusa's Makeup is an American brand of Makeup that sells cruelty free eyeshadows, pigments, lipsticks, brushes and so much more. When I looked at their website for the first time, all I could think of is Sugarpill and Limecrime. Medusa's makeup stocks some really bright coloured products which are great for Makeup Artists and those who love playing with colour. They are a completely new brand to me but they have been in the business since 2005. You can have a look at the products they sell here. They also provide International shipping for those of us who don't live in the US.

TOP L-R Midnight Oil and Headhunter  BOTTOM L-R Liger and Electro Black. The Fix Glitter Adhesive

The eyeshadows I have to review today for you are the High Pigment Pressed Mineral Eyeshadows. I have four very wearable colours but they also have colours like pink, yellow, green and red for those of you who want to go bold.



L-R Headhunter, Midnight Oil, Liger and Electro Black


L-R Headhunter, Midnight Oil, Liger and Electro Black

In my swatches above I have swatched the product as is on the left and then over the Fix Glitter Adhesive on the right. You can see that without a primer they are not very pigmented but over a primer they stand out pretty well. If you do want just a sheer wash of colour you can apply them on their own but if you like the colour to stand out, a primer is highly recommended. They are a little powdery too so you will get fall out if you do not use a primer. I used the shadows on their own on my eyes and they creased in less than an hour. Using my beloved Too Faced Shadow Insurance they lasted about 7 hours on my eyes without creasing. I did try them with the glitter adhesive too but they creased in 5 hours and I found that they were more vibrant with the Too Faced primer underneath them.

They retail for $8 each and for the price I am a little disappointed. I would definitely get some use out of them since they are shades I normally wear but I wouldn't go out and buy any more of these.
I am very keen on trying out their eye dusts and pigments though because they do seem to be very raved about.

Have you tried any of the makeup from Medusa's makeup?

❤❤❤

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of this brand.. The shadows look amazing.. :)
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete