Wednesday 10 September 2014

MAC Lipstick collection (Permanent colours)

Hey guys,

Today I am going to share with you my MAC lipstick collection from the permanent range. I do have a few limited edition lipsticks but I wanted to share with you the ones you can get hold of now.
I have been collecting MAC lipsticks for the past 3 years now and have gone through quite a few colours and have repurchased them. MAC have a wide variety of lipstick shades and finishes and sometimes its easy to get really overwhelmed by them. My favourite finish from MAC has to be Satin and Amplified, although I do have, almost one of each finish in my collection (including limited edition shades). The only finish I don't have are Glaze and Frost which I am not very keen on anyways.









I do have an extra swatch of the Cosmo lipstick on here because I just got it recently in a Back to MAC program.
Lets start with Dare You (Cremesheen) and MAC describes it as a deep brown red which is exactly how I would describe it too. It is a very warm red with brown undertones and would flatter medium to dark skin tones. I don't wear many reds so thats why I own only one Red lipstick from MAC.
Twig (Satin) is a soft muted brownish-pink again very apt. This colour is a MLBB shade for Indian skintones and darker. I love using this as an everyday shade. 

Lovelorn (Lustre) is a Emotive Blue Pink, it is a very light blue based pink which is great on light to light medium skin. On me it does wash me out but since its a lustre finish, I can still get away wearing it. Lovelorn was my very first MAC lipstick I bought. Creme in your coffee (Cremesheen) is a creamy mid-tone pink brown. This colour is very similar to Twig but with a hint more brown and with a creamier glossy finish. This is my most used colour and this is the second tube I have bought of this colour, which again I am almost finishing up. 

Captive (Satin) is a pinkish plum colour and is  great for the autumn and winter months. Since it is a satin finish, it is quite true to colour and with one swipe you get the most beautiful berry coloured lips. Taupe (Matte) is a muted reddish-taupe brown, again this colour is something I would reach for everyday, it is quite a darker brown nude on me but since it is a matte formula it stays on for a longer period of time on the lips and is not drying at all.

Del Rio(Satin) is a muted plum-brown shade, this colour is very similar to Captive but just more darker and more plummy. I haven't used this shade at all because I didn't know it was in my stash for a very long time. Hopefully I will get some use out of this colour now if not, in the next winter months.
Lastly Cosmo (Amplified Creme) is describes as a Pink coco. I recently got this lipstick by returning 6 empty MAC products and it is fairly new. I have used this maybe twice and I am falling in love with it. This colour is the perfect nude pink for my skin tone and I think I may be loving it a little more than my Creme in your coffee. 

4 comments:

  1. I love you colours, you have good taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need taupe and captive! Cosmo looks so different on your arm as compared to your lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of Captive get Craving. They are quite similar but I like the look of Craving on the lips. I lovvvvveeeee Cosmo! :D
      Xx

      Delete
  3. love the colors and wow nice swatches :) i own only 1 mac lippie and lipglass , but i will be getting more!

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete