Wednesday 2 March 2016

Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick review*

Hey guys, I have been lucky enough to trial the new Rimmel lipstick collection called The Only 1.
This range consists of 12 lipstick shades and 3 lip liner shades. The colors vary from wearable nudes to deep berry shades. 
I have 6 of the lipstick shades that I tried and tested; and I must say I am very impressed with the quality and wear of these lipsticks. 





First let's talk about the packaging, these lipsticks are housed in a sleek black case with a band that shows the color of the lipstick. 
All of the shades were very pigmented and true to the color in the tube. The formula is very smooth and creamy that glides on easily. 

Enriched with Vitamin E and Rosa Fruit oil they leave the lips feeling moisturized and do not dry them even after wearing away like most lipsticks do. They have a very obvious fruity scent which doesn't linger on the lips thankfully as it can be quite strong for some people. The formula reminds me of the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks, creamy and pigmented. Once applied on the lips they literally feel like you have nothing on. The nuder shades don't leave a stain like the darker and brighter colors do but they stay on a for about 4-5 hours after which they fade evenly. I found that after a meal or a drink they made my lips a little tacky, I didn't mind that much as I reapplied and it was fine but some people may not like that feeling. The overall look is shiny but not completely glossy and wears down to a satin finish. 



  

The shades I have are Naughty Nude- a midtone pink nude, It's a keeper- a mauve pink, Listen Up- deep pink, Cheeky Coral- pink toned coral, Revolution Red- Warm red, Pink a Punch- vibrant pink. My favorite shades out of these 6 are Naughty Nude and Listen up. 



The Exaggerate lip liner is slowly becoming my favorite type of lip liner as it is retractable, smooth and stays on for hours. I have tried heaps of lip liners and some are very drying (*cough *MAC* cough*) but this one was easy to apply without pulling or drying my lips out. I am excited to try out other shades and hope Rimmel comes out with more shades in this formula.
The lipstick retails for $15.95 and liner for $12.95. Considering Rimmel goes on sale often you can grab these for cheaper and I highly recommend you do.
The Only 1 Lipsticks and Lipliners are available at all the places which stock Rimmel like Priceline Pharmacies, Chemist Warehouses, Target, BigW, Kmart and selected Woolworths and Coles.

Have you tried The Only 1 lipsticks? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below.






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You should try them, I think they are a dupe for the YSL rouge volupte lipsticks in terms of formula and wear.

      Delete